Monday, September 12, 2011

Wedding Gift: The Arcadia Quilt

Who-hoo! This baby is done and shipped to the lovely newlyweds.

From Wedding Gift: Arcadia


I have to admit that in finishing this quilt, I found that I could have cared less about the front. It was the back, where you can see all the quilting, that I kept showing people. And the front became the afterthought.

From Wedding Gift: Arcadia


Detail
From Wedding Gift: Arcadia


Has anyone else had this happen? Where you are more excited about the 'back' of the quilt than the 'front'?

Quilt Details: Fabric: All prints are from the Arcadia line by Sanae; the solids are from Kona Cotton (bone on the back and slate for the binding); Front and Back are machine pieced; hand quilted with no. 12 perle cotton in ecru which --though it felt like longer-- took me about 3.5 months to complete

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving me a comment!