Friday, September 2, 2011

Inspiration: Origami Pinwheel

Amy at The Crafty Dame sent me a link with her gorgeous Origami Pinwheel Quilt.

kona pinwheels

There are so many things I love about her quilt:

*The turquoise background

*The amount of space between each pinwheel

*The turquoise background

*And most importantly, the quilting -- The lines are so clean and full of movement; accentuating the patchwork without competing against it.

kona pinwheels angle

Every aspect of her quilt is so beautifully balanced in my opinion. If you have a moment, jump over to her blog for more pictures. Especially to see her beautifully executed label.

Oh and did I mention I love the turquoise background?







1 comment:

  1. thanks so much for showing it off, i'm so glad you like it!

    i loved the teal linen so much that i went back and bought the rest of the bolt! there wasn't much left, because one of my friends bought a few yards of it to make a dress out of, but i'm hoarding the little bit i have left for a super special project.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment!