Friday, September 16, 2011

Baby Gift: Pink Texas Pinwheels

I am on a roll! This quilt is officially in the hands of the proud new parents of their second baby girl.

From Baby Gift: Pink Texas Pinwheels


Actually, I had finished this quilt a couple of months ago but didn't see the proud new dad until this week.

When I found out they were having a little girl, and remembering all the pink from their first little girl, I clearly went all out with the pink.

Even on the back...

From Baby Gift: Pink Texas Pinwheels


As per my normal, it is heavily quilted with no. 12 perle cotton in white.

From Baby Gift: Pink Texas Pinwheels


From Baby Gift: Pink Texas Pinwheels


I fell in love with no. 12 perle cotton during this project.

And I gained a new respect for the ease of quilting on a huge quilting frame (there were issues with quilting this with only a lap frame). Unfortunately -and for sometime- my large standing frame has been occupied. It has been a big enough of a hassle with a few projects, I have actually thought about investing in a second set of rails for my frame so my frame isn't dominated by queen-size quilts.

Oh and the bonus? My husband says he doesn't mind if I get another set of rails. He would prefer it actually to my initial idea of setting up an old-fashion quilt frame when I needed it using chairs, 3x3 and c-clamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!