Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sorry for the Hiatus...

It was completely accidental. I didn't mean to leave y'all for over a month but work kept me busy.

Though my job for Trinity Shakes is as the box office supervisor, I pitched in to help with some hand sewing for our Properties Master.

As such here is a sample of what I did...
Macbeth - TSF 2011

With this particular banner, I sewed jute rope (in a braid-like fashion) onto the fabric to create the fish shape. Where the fabric is different colours -which I know is hard to see in the photo-, I actually sewed the jute and the two fabrics together in one pass. A brilliant idea that took a few hours to complete.

I claimed the above banner due to amount of work I did on this banner. The rest of me looks at this banner and finds myself impressed by the hand-work I actually did.

Enough pride resides in my chest with regards to this banner, I have plans to frame it with a detail description of the production and the photo below:

Macbeth - TSF 2011
Photo by: Amy Peterson

You can see clearly two of the other banners I worked on (and a few others): the 'Gryffindor' banner (as we jokingly called it) associated with the character Rosse, and the banner with two swords which was associated with the character Macduff.

If you are in Fort Worth next June, you simply must catch a Trinity Shakes production. I've worked for them for the past three years and yet, always remained amazed by what the staff can accomplish in a short period of time.

I'm so lucky to find such creative inspiration in my day-to-day job, and hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!