Update: I decided to link this project to Quilt Story's Fabric Tuesday
This has been a three-year project and I'm proud to say "It's Finished!"
I started piecing all the HSTs required for this particular pattern my first semester I worked for my current University (Fall 2008). The fabrics are from two different Tula Pink Lines, Nest and Flutterby
Last year, my momma bought a long-arm quilting machine. When it came time to visit her and my daddy later that summer, we put this quilt on her machine (simply because I didn't want to hand-quilt this queen-sized quilt). I know -- it's machine quilted. Still not my preferred method to quilt, but I survived.
This also is the first quilt I have made with me and my husband in mind. I hope he's excited about the new quilt for our bed as I am about finishing it.