Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Memorial Weekend Project

This weekend was a quiet weekend at home for me and the husband. And though I should have been cutting and sewing on binding on the two quilts I finished last week. I just couldn't bring myself to unearth my sewing machine area from the collection of fabric that has piled up.

Instead, I went to work on this:

Grandma Sue's Garden

I have a reputation for throwing myself into a project completely when I set my mind to it; however, even the husband and I were surprised how committed I was to this project. I just couldn't leave it alone and if I did, it wasn't for fairly long.

Every spare moment that I had this weekend, I was at my quilt frame stitching away -- probably close to twenty hours over the course of three days.

In fact, every hexagon you see above is now quilted.

This is one of the last photos I took of my progress last night:

 
And this flower is at the top of the frame in the earlier photo.

My goal is to see if I can't finish this by the time my mum comes to visit. Since I can't remember how to load my frame. It's only been three years since I put this on the frame.

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! Congratulations for sticking with this wonderful project for all this time... it's an heirloom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I am just getting the English paper piecing bug! My order for a few hundred hexagons just came in today and I can't wait to get started. I plan on making a twin or full size Grandmother's Flower Garden. I love yours it is so pretty, good job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment!