Wednesday, January 5, 2011

WIP Wednesday

During the Christmas Holidays, I realised several things about me & sewing/fabric/quilting/hooking/knitting -- 1. I have a lot of fabric; 2. I have a lot of PHDS, finished quilt tops, and WIPS. So to help keep myself organised, I'm going to start participating in WIP Wednesdays over at Freshly Pieced.

So my current list of WIPs are:

1. Lady of the Lake: I need to finish the clean-up work associated with the way I quilted it on my mum's long-arm and then bind it.

WIP: Lady of the Lake

2. Broken Fiesta-ware: I need to finish hand-quilting this throw-sized quilt. It is more than half way done.

Quilting WIP: Broken Fiestaware

3. Charlie Brown: I need to also finish the quilting on this throw-sized quilt. The amount of quilting got to me a few months ago, and I've been taking a break.

Quilting WIP: Charlie Brown

4. Garden of Stars: I need to finish the hand-piecing. I seriously doubt that I'll finish the piecing in the next six months but who knows, stranger things have happened.

PHD: Garden of Stars

5. Hexagon Granny Square Afghan: This is my current hooking project. It really became a life-safer during the Christmas-craziness

WIP: Hexagon Granny Squares

and lastly,

6. Finish organizing my new sewing area. Currently, it looks like this (with lots and lots of piles):

WIP: New Sewing Area

5 comments:

  1. I love the Granny Squares! That is on my "to-do" list for 2011. And congrats on the new sewing area, it looks like a great space!

    Welcome to WiP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fun projects! Love the star quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hexie star quilt is fabulous, love the fabrics you used there! You have so many wonderful projects going.

    Thanks for linking up with WIP Wednesday! Have a great week, see you next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great set of projects! Your Lady of the Lake quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so impressed by all of your handwork. I would like to spend more time doing hand projects, so maybe this will be the year! Thanks for sharing your WIPS with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment!