Saturday, January 29, 2011

Random Finished Quilt: Charm Patch

I realised late last week that I hadn't blogged about this quilt that I finished in December. It's one of the few quilts I have made in the past several years that wasn't made for a wedding or a baby gift from the get go. The front was an experiment with sashing/in-laid borders with left over squares from a larger project.



When my home re-modeling job caused me to take down my sewing area, I pulled out this top to quilt because the width of it is under 45 inches and therefore I wouldn't have to sew together a backing.



I know the backing is a Kona Cotton solid, but I'm not entirely sure what specific colour it is. To quilt it, I used my favourite no. 8 perle cotton (platinum) as well my favourite Welsh pattern -the wine glass.

This is one of three quilts I'll be blogging in the next week. There is one other quilt I forgot about and I finished the "Broken Fiestaware" quilt. I'm hoping to get some outdoor photos tomorrow while it's still pretty in North Texas before winter stops by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!