Monday, January 16, 2012

FInished 2011: La Petite Ecole Quilt

And here it is, the last of the projects that I actually finished last year.

La Petite Ecole Quilt



All the printed fabrics are from French General's La Petite Ecole line and the solids are both Kona. I wish I knew what the green was exactly (another one of my many resolutions...right down the names of the solids I use) but I do know the brown is called Espresso, a favourite neutral of mine.



As for the quilting, it is hand-quilted with no. 8 perle cotton in an almond colour. For inspiration, I looked towards Jenny Carr Kinney's Quilting Designs from the Past. In there I found a square motif in which the corners reminded me of fleur-de-lis; so with a few minor changes, this is what the final design turned out to be...



Off to finish my first quilt of 2012 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!