Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Finished 2011: Origami Quilt -- The Florida Edition

I promise I haven't fallen off the face of the planet -- yet.

Work has been crazy. Life -- insane. Not to mention drowning in deadlines.

However, I have been able to finish a quilt here and there.

Here's the first of three quilts I'll be blogging about in the next couple of weeks, as well as one afghan.


Machine Pieced. Hand-quilted in no. 8 perle cotton -- platinum color. Print fabrics are from a line from Moda that I purchased years ago. The Solids are from Kona and I don't remember the names of the colours

There is quite about less quilting done on this quilt than what I consider typical for me. To be frank, I wasn't exactly thrilled with the final results until I saw a photograph of it from last months Fort Worth Modern Quilt Guild meeting. I love the way the quilting gave this quilt a lot more definition in the end without taking away from the 'patchwork' done on the quilt (there is actually no sashing done on any of the blocks; those lines are from the quilting itself).

I need to go re-shoot the photographs of this quilt as I'm still not thrilled about the photos. Hopefully, I can find some time in December as the academic semester comes to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!