Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Random Finished Quilt: Broken Fiestaware

If you are like me with ice and snow on the ground then some bright colours wouldn't be amiss:



I'm linking up with Quilt Story's Fabric Tuesday this week to share the bright colours and dreams of summer.

Detail of the front


Back -- the orange, the turquoise, and the lime green are all from Kona. I'm sorry that I don't know which exact colours they are. They came from my stash.




Detail of the back -- so you can see the bright yellow no.5 perle cotton that I used to hand-quilt the throw.

3 comments:

  1. I love your hand quilting - adds so much more depth than machine quilting! Thanks for the summer dream amid this cold and dreary weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vibrant colors you used, and the hand quilting is amazing! It will surely keep you warm amidst all that cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I'm hosting a blanket party on my blog and would love for you to join! (There is also a blogger of the month party) But the blanket party is to raise awareness for my blanket drive for Project Linus. Plus -- you get entered to win awesome prizes for linking up (to both parties! One prize is valued at $172!)

    Hope to see you soon!

    Amanda
    www.todaystoptwenty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment!