Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wedding Quilt: The Fraysures

Over the course of 2010, I have fallen in love with French General fabrics for wedding quilts. Kaari Meng's French inspired fabrics, in my experience, are girly enough for the girls but not so girly that men like them -- well, at least my South Louisiana husband likes them. And he has no problem telling me how girly most of the fabric in my stash is :)



So when my cousin Win got married this summer (I know but at least I got it done this year), I grabbed four charm packs of French General's Rouenneries line and got to work laying out a simple Four-Patch pattern set on point to take advantage of the beautiful reds in this line of fabric. In the end, I didn't use all the squares and used them to piece together a backing.






When it came time to quilt, I went with my favourite Welsh quilting motif -- the wine glass. I used no. 8 perle cotton in the most brilliant shade of platinum that is more warm then cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!