Thursday, November 11, 2010

Baby Gift: The Paisley Quilt

This is an example of what happens when I screw up a pattern. When I started cutting and piecing the quilt, I had planned on doing a simple Nine-Patch but as you can see that didn't happen. Like the Fleur-de-Lis quilt, I sat on this quilt top for a long time because I couldn't figure out how to quilt it.

Finally, I decided to just follow the paisley pattern on the front which to be honest, I regretted about half of the way through. As you can see by the pictures below, that though the quilt is 45"x45" it took me a few months to execute all that quilting in no. 8 perle cotton in white. I'm glad I did it though as it really was the best choice for a quilt with such a bold pattern for the patchwork on the front and the 'loud' blue fabric especially when contrasted by the white.

Now I just have to send it to the new parents to be in honour of my latest niece, E.

Front
Front

Back
Back

Front/Back - to prove that I really did just follow the paisley pattern of the blue fabric on the front 0:)
Front/Back

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!