Sunday, June 20, 2010

Baby Gift: "Polly Goes To Paris"

I made this quilt as a baby gift to the Scenographer I work with. It was really hard to actually give this quilt away because I loved it so much. However, I was able to part with it only because I still have more of this fabric left. It came from a line called "Polly Goes To Paris" and it illustrates one of the pitfalls of the major quilting fabric design firms: they print a series once and that's it; once it's gone it's gone.



The quilt is machine-pieced; the pinwheels are made through a folding process involving fabric and each one is hand-stitched to achieve the curve; and finally, it is hand-quilted using a pale pink waxed cotton, black perle cotton, and an off-white perle cotton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!